Wednesday, September 3, 2008

New shoes, cozy feet!

I went out on Labor Day and bought some really great inexpensive supportive shoes in black that I had quit wearing a few years back because they look like "old lady" shoes when worn with dresses. Now, that I'm wearing mostly dress pants, they look great ... and they feel even better. I'm not going back to that other manufacturer for shoes again. The new shoes cradle my feet and feel so nice even after several hours of standing while teaching. It's good to be back with them.

I spent much of Tuesday when not teaching continuing to bring up my initial organization for the year. The only time that I taught in a middle school, I had taken over the classroom of a very organized teacher who put her own tabs in everything. I found her idea so compelling and time-saving for the year, that I always put tabs in my attendance and grade books. It takes time at the start, but it saves me hours for the remainder of the year. So now I have my books tabbed and marked, my September calendar set up with birthdays, etc. marked, and most of my organization work done. There's still contacting parents and finishing up my study of my students' learning styles to do, but I'm in good shape for today.

Back to the classroom for another exciting day!

No comments: