Thursday, November 13, 2008

The BookWorm Award ....

My brother, Just the Library Keeper A.K.A. Earl, put this on his blog, so I guess I will continue it.

Rules:Pass it on to five other bloggers, and tell them to open the nearest book to page 56. Write out the fifth sentence on that page, and also the next two to five sentences. The CLOSEST BOOK, NOT YOUR FAVORITE, OR MOST INTELLECTUAL!

The problem with my book is that it is a paperback Webster's Dictionary. Frankly, we keep our computers in a common room which is small, so we do not have much else in it except software, paper, etc. It's a workroom for us. Here goes.

blitz (blits) n. sudden, concentrated attack -- blitz'krieg (-kreeg) n. sudden, concentrated military attack; war conducted in this way
bliz.zard (BLIZ-erd) n. a blinding storm of wind and snow

I believe that that is enough for anyone really into this. Unfortunately, I only read my brother's and my mother's blogs, so I offer this to any other bloggers out there. Have fun. Maybe you have more interesting books in your computer area than I do.

No comments: