Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cold blahs

I got a cold on Tuesday, or maybe I should say I noticed that I had a cold on Tuesday. I keep hand sanitizer and tissues on my desk for students to use, but I still pick up colds from them. I really didn't want to go to school on Wednesday; I just wanted to curl up inside a big blanket and sleep the day away. I went, however, because of the problems with being a high school math teacher. It is nearly impossible to get a substitute teacher who can teach mathematics, so one is left with the job of creating practice worksheets. The computer science students are easier. All I have to do is insure that they have a programming assignment and have them meet in the computer lab. Come of think of it, I don't really recall having any math teachers who were out much when I was in school. I wonder how long this particular problem has been around in the history of education?

I am holed up inside for the weekend because on Monday our school is having its annual field day, and I need to get rid of this cold before then. I have a freshman homeroom which means that I need my energy levels up so that I can help them walk their way through this homeroom versus the other homerooms all-day event. Here's hoping that I get rid of it by Sunday night.

No comments: