Sunday, August 17, 2008

It all starts again tomorrow!

Today ends my summer vacation. I went to 2 office supply teacher appreciation events yesterday and picked up some stuff for my classroom. While waiting in line for the first store to open another teacher and I were lamenting the end of freedom for another year. Then a teacher behind us said that she could not wait for school to start up again because her father died at the beginning of summer break which made it a bad time for her. Sometimes reality sucks.

I planned to go to the school on Friday, but I ended up donating blood instead. I had wanted to see if my room was finally put back together because I have not had access to my computer nor my bookshelves due to painting and working on the carpet. I still have so much to do to get ready. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything is in place when I return there tomorrow afternoon.

The faculty and staff must be at an OSHA training session in a building near my home tomorrow morning so I will not waste gas to go to the school until after lunch. Our principal has this thing about wearing "business casual" whenever we are at some inservice, etc. situation involving other schools, but I plan to wear jeans and a shirt because OSHA training sometimes requires CPR practice and the like. Besides, the principal has not put out his usual warning of his dress expectations. I've already checked my school email for the day, so he's out of luck if he thinks I'll check it again before tomorrow. "My mama never raised no fools!"

1 comment:

Earl said...

Time stamp on blogs, and you know the standard of dress already. I know you will be in clean complete clothing, enjoy the CPR class and pay attention, people are dying out there.

http://bearbicycle.blogspot.com/

He is getting ready for school, too.